CTC Math Review & Information
CTC Math reviews
CTCMath.com has been around since 2001. It originated in Australia, but is also widely used in the U.S. There are 1,400+ CTC Math tutorials that last around 4-9 minutes. CTCMath is designed to be your child's full-time online math teacher.
The curriculum is fully online and each student receives a log-in. Every course is split into parts for easy management. Each topic has tutorials the student can work through. When a student is having difficulty in one area, he or she can watch the tutorial multiple times, skip around, and practice indefinitely.
Most popular features of CTCMath
- You are not required to sign up for just one "class" and can go back and forth between lessons
- Has been effective in multiple countries
- Each video offers extremely clear, spoken explanations of the problems
- Visual diagrams are simple and concise
- Confidence and attitude booster
- No more tears during "homework"
- Lessons don't drag on, they are concise and to the point
- Students can learn at their own pace
- Video tutorials allow children to pause and rewind as necessary
- Lots of children need tutoring in mathematics and CTCMath is an easy replacement
- Independent children don't need the help of a parent, teacher, or tutor
- CTCMath utilizes multi-sensory methods that boost the child's retention
- Parents/teachers are given a detailed progress report
- Students are given certificates to work towards
- Both parents and children enjoy a stress-free mathematics learning environment
- Recommended by Homeschool Base educators, Educents, Homeschool.com, Cathy Duffy, and many more
Features of CTCMath practice
- Practice questions are about what they have just learned
- The questions are interactive
- The program offers immediate feedback (auto-graded)
- The questions are graded in difficulty
- Difficulty levels are automatically adjusted when a student gets a question right or wrong
- Many lessons have worksheets included for specific lesson problems
CTCMath Grade levels
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- Basic Math and Pre-Algebra
- Elementary Measurement
- Elementary Geometry
- Algebra 1
- Algebra II
We strongly suggest that you supplement CTCMath with some written work instead of doing everything online.
CTC Math homeschool reviews
Assigning tasks is easy and flexible. The instruction is simple and clear. Grading and record keeping is automatic (except with some geometry, understandably so). You also have access to any and all of the grade levels. This is useful when a child needs to review something or when they can excel past certain sections. The only con I've seen so far is a couple of mild pronunciation differences as the instructor is Australian. If you need a Common Core curriculum, this isn't for you.
My son has tried a lot of programs- he did Singapore for years but got sick of it. After trying a bunch of other things he tried CTC and is doing well with it. It's a full curriculum all the way through high school, and is pretty rigorous. The guy who does it is Australian (like me!), but it matches standards here in the US. There is a homeschool price which is waaaay cheaper than the school price. You can try it free for a week. I don't know how it would be for younger kids - my son is 14 so he mostly works independently of me and he likes the way this guy explains stuff. I found out about it from other homeschooling parents who used it for their high schoolers and were pleased with it.
CTC is truly awesome! We love that we can access all grade levels at once. Paying one fee for as many children as I want to use it with is really awesome. Plus, homeschoolers get a huge discount. Overall, it’s very straightforward and easy to understand. Oh yeah, and NO common core!
CTCMath demonstration video
See how CTCMath.com works in this informational video.
###Frequently Asked Questions about CTC ####What is the difference between CTCMath and Khan Academy?
The instruction is similar (voice + examples), but CTC gives your student exercises to complete as well as grades it for the parent. Plus, it keeps track of all the records (lessons watched, lessons completed, grades).