The modern resource for all things homeschooling
Homeschooling continues to evolve, develop, and progress. We believe homeschoolers should have a resource website that does too.
Start homeschooling today
When you are just starting out, homeschooling can seem absolutely overwhelming. While there are many homeschooling websites, a large number of them are extremely large and unorganized. Others are poorly designed which only contributes to the confusion. You can start taking the first steps to homeschooling your children today.
Read our community blog
Our blog contains posts about all things homeschool. Veteran and newbie homeschooling parents are invited to read and contribute to our community blog. You can view the blogs by contributors as well as by category. While we are all individual home educators, together we are a strong, united, and growing community.
HomeschoolCommons.com is now hosted on Homeschool Base
If you’re looking for free resources to use in your homeschool, Home School Commons has you covered. All resources are categorized as either free use, creative commons, or public domain. Feel confident knowing that they have all been used by other homeschooling families.
- Reflex Math: Discount & Review of the Top Math Fact Fluency Solution
- Switched-On Schoolhouse by Alpha Omega Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- Starline Press Math Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- Saxon K-3 Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- RightStart Mathematics Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- A Fresh Approach Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- Conventional (Spunky Donkey) / Study Time Math Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- Foerster Math Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- Math Lessons for a Living Education Curriculum - Review & Comparison
- Making Math Meaningful Curriculum - Review & Comparison
"What is most important and valuable about the home as a base for children's growth into the world is not that it is a better school than the schools, but that it isn't a school at all."
~ John Holt