Free Ebooks to Study Japan
Japanese History and Culture
As Japan consists of five hundred and eighteen islands it is often called the Island Empire. In the days of mythology and legend it was named The Country in the Midst of the Luxuriant Reed Plains; later it was The Mountain Portal, while during the Middle Ages the Chinese called it The Source of the Sun, or The Land of the Rising Sun—Hinomoto. Finally it became Nippon Dai Nippon—Great Japan. -from The Spell of Japan
See the other books in the Peeps at Many Lands series.
See the other books in the Our Little Cousin series.
See the other books in the Boy Travellers series.
- Indiana University has a list of children’s books about Japan that you can download directly from their site.
- Plays of Old Japan – contains four classic plays from Japan
- The Spell of Japan – tells of how the author fell in love with the people and land of Japan
Folklore and Fairy Tales from Japan
- Japanese Fairy World – suitable for all ages as the author avoided violence and gore
- Japanese Fairy Tales – 38 stories with beautiful black & white illustrations